TEMPORARY HAUL ROAD AND COMPOUND USING ARMOURED AND STANDARD SURFACING
Temporary haul road and compound at Little Brown Cutting, near Edenbridge
BAM Nuttall required a haul road and compound installed to allow access to the railway embankment for the delivery of scheduled works to the railway in Edenbridge, Kent. Two separate layer specifications within the same project area were required – a Standard Layer Surfacing Design to cover 1,639m² which needed to be tarmac-surfaced and an Armoured Layer Surfacing Design for the remaining 4,650m².
GEOBIND® was chosen to provide a maintenance free surface, meet the tight installation deadline and, due to the narrow country lanes, keep heavy lorry movements to a minimum over the life of the project.
• Reduced programme time, vehicle movements and stone import
• Negated need for any material export from site
• Strong, bound and maintenance free solution for the project life providing commercial and environmental benefits
- Reduction in imported aggregate 70% 70%
- Reduction in export and disposal 100% 100%